The Million Balloon March Would Like To Thank Our 2013 Event Sponsors: THe Children's Chariot foundation, Hot Head Records Foundation, Mighty Kids DoSomething.Org Club, Ms Toya Tiffany/LTR Unlimited, DJ Hunid Racks, Naked Juice, Izze (by Pepsi), BBG BMX, Freestyle Force, Mass Motion Dance Academy & Bosma Dance Project, Boston's Chocolate Walking Tours ThePinkBlogger.Com, Sweet Tomatoes Pizza, Citizen's Bank, Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity Inc., HotHead Magazine, Granite LLC, Platinum Limos LLC, Liberty School Butterfly Farm & Gardens, The Chicken & Rice Guys, Boston Skyzone, TLZ Photography, Arts Boston...

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Lil Wayne Announces His Retirement After Upcoming "Carter V" Album

On Wednesday (after the premiere of his “No Worries” music video), the Young Money rhyme animal revealed to MTV News' Sway Calloway that his upcoming Tha Carter V LP will be his last before he walks away from music. So, what’s next for Tunechi? The wide world of sports, that’s what.
“I’d be a skater/sports analyst,” Wayne told Sway of his ideal future profession. “My day job will probably be sports analyst and I’ll skate all night instead of being in the studio all night.”

Weezy doesn’t necessarily want to skate competitively, but he wants to be a huge part of the culture. He’s already built multiple skate parks, one in his native New Orleans, and you’ll be hard pressed to find him without a deck in hand these days. Wayne also has his skate-inspired TRUKFIT clothing line.“Skating is a world, it’s a world... it’s a life, it’s a world, it’s, it’s own and I didn’t know that,” he said candidly. “I thought it was four wheels and piece of wood. I didn’t know that. Now I know it’s a world and I just wanna be vital in that world.”

As far as his dream of sitting behind a sports desk, Weezy says he already has an idea in the works. “My big brother Nelly and I... him and I we got a sports show coming out,” he revealed. “We don’t have a station, we’re just doin’ it ourselves right now.” -(MTV)


Speaking to MTV News, Lil Wayne revealed what fans can expect from his much-anticipated album, claiming: "It's like a Carter V".

When asked why he didn't just merge the two albums if they are so similar, the 30-year-old star replied: "Because I know y'all want me around for a little bit, and Carter V is my last album. Man, I've been rappin' since I was 8 years old. I'm 30 now, man. That's a long time, man."
He added: "I signed my contract at 11, I went platinum at 14. I'm 30 now. Thank God I haven't put out an album that hasn't went platinum. To just keep it goin' like that, I think not only am I being greedy, I'm fooling myself to think that it will continue to be that great."

Lil Wayne's next album is due for release on February 19 and he also has a number of other interests including his love for skateboarding and his clothing line.

He continued: "When I love to do something, I'm fully focused on it and it only. And music sometimes is not that 'it.'" (-Press Party)

This Story Was Originally Posted on MTV Rapfix and PressParty -PnKB


No comments: